Calling on illustrators and aspiring illustrators of children’s books. Here’s a scholarship for the game-changing illustration course: THE CRAFT AND BUSINESS OF ILLUSTRATING CHILDREN’S BOOKS by the Children’s Book Academy and the amazing Mira Reisberg.
a. If you identify as being of color, or LBGQTI, or as having a disability, or are a member of a group who are currently underrepresented in the children’s publishing industry, you can apply.
b. Also, low income folks who might not be able to take this course otherwise, as well as SCBWI Regional Advisors, ARAs, and Illustrator Coordinators and children’s librarians can also apply.
Here’s all that you need to do:
1. Using your funniest or most lyrical language, say something lovely about yourself
2. Describe how you meet the scholarship criteria
3. Include your website if you have one, or email 3 images labeled with your name and “CBICB” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Talk about how you are going to give back by helping your fellow students and the Academy by participating in the group and helping us spread the word about our offerings
5. State if you are agented or if you’ve been previously published
It’s open till August 4. Do not miss it!
For more information about the scholarship, click on the link below:
For more information about the course, see this post or click on this link: