Title: The Gingerbread Man
Number of pages: 10
Type of Book: Fiction; Fairytale
Age: 0 – 4
Price: N1000; 5.99GBP
Imagine it’s your daughter’s birthday and you’ve just baked the perfect Disney princess cake for her. Then as soon as you open the oven, ZOOM!!! the Princess cake jumps off the pan and dashes out of your kitchen. Impossible right? Not in this book. In this book, an old lady baked a gingerbread cookie in the shape of a man and as soon as she opened the oven to take it out, the cookie got up and took off. The old lady gave chase, followed by her husband, then a pig, a cow, and a horse but the cookie refused to be caught and eaten. Read the book to find out what became of the gingerbread man!
THUMBS UP AND DOWN
UP: This is a great book for toddlers! It introduces kids to the wonderful world of fairy tales! It has vibrant illustrations and different touch and feels on every page to introduce your toddler to textures. I recommend this book for all kids aged 0 to 4! It’s a board book so it’s sturdy and will survive bites, spills and dunks in water.
DOWN: I didn’t like the end.
- This story was first published in 1875!
HAVE FUN WITH THIS BOOK
- Read the story here: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/stories/folktale/gingerbreadman/story/
- Create your own Gingerbread Man story book here: http://www.enchantedlearning.com/stories/folktale/gingerbreadman/story/print.shtml
CHALLENGE: The Gingerbread Man
CREATE (WRITE a Story/Poem OR DRAW)
- Draw and colour the gingerbread man on the cover of the book (4 year olds)
- Identify and colour the Gingerbread Man (2-3 year olds)
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry requirements: Entrants must be within the 2 – 4 age range. The first correct entry will be announced on this page and will win a copy of this book.
Answers must be submitted before 12:00am on Tuesday, May 17th 2015.
Next Book of the Week:
GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS